At Simply Fertility’s IVF clinic near Leigh on Sea, you can benefit from a number of competitive, inclusive, and successful packages. We know that while most people have no problems conceiving naturally, others need a helping hand.
Regardless of your fertility requirements, we will take the time to understand your situation and get to the heart of the problem in a sensitive yet successful way. From there, we can agree upon a plan of action and get your fertility treatment underway.
If you would like more information or want to visit our IVF clinic near Leigh on Sea for an informal chat, contact us on 01245 201 544.
IVF is the process of combining sperm and eggs (or cells if using a donor) in a laboratory incubator. After three to five days, one or two of the resulting embryos will be transferred to the women’s uterus through the cervix. The hope is that they will then develop like a normal pregnancy.
Here is what a typical IVF journey looks like at Simply Fertility:
• Referral – From your GP, hospital doctor, or a self-referral
• Pre-treatment – Along with a consultation, we can perform the AMH blood test, a vaginal ultrasound scan, and a semen assessment
• Counselling – IVF is a significant emotion journey, so we provide counselling every step of the way
• Pre-treatment appointment – This will be to sign consent forms and talk through your particular treatment programme
• Endometrial scratch – This can help with the implantation of an embryo
• Starting treatment – Treatment starts on Day 1 of your period. We ask that you call the clinic on this day
• Ovarian stimulation and monitoring – Drugs can help stimulate your ovaries. After around two weeks, you’re likely to have one to three scans and possible blood tests.
• Trigger injection – Once your follicles are ready, an injection is administered to mature the eggs ready for collection
• Egg collection – This takes place 36-40 hours after the trigger injection in a procedure that takes about 30 minutes
• Providing sperm – Fresh sperm samples should be provided on the same day as the eggs. Any stored samples will be thawed on the same day.
• Egg insemination – The sample will be prepared prior to insemination to ensure only the best sperm are being used
• Embryo development – Our embryologists will communicate with you on almost a daily basis to provide development updates
• Embryo transfer – A tiny drop of culture medium containing one or two embryos will be carefully deposited in the uterus using a thin catheter
• The wait – This two-week period can be difficult, so feel free to contact us anytime
• Outcome – If you’re pregnant, we will schedule a scan before handing you back to your GP. If not, we will do everything in our power to help you move on and try again.
Contact us today to arrange an appointment at Simply Fertility’s IVF Clinic near Leigh on Sea.