For competitive, inclusive, and successful fertility treatment, visit our IVF clinic near Basildon. We will work closely with you to understand your personal situation, get to the heart of the problem, and identify the right course of action.
While most people are able to conceive naturally, others need a helping hand. Simply Fertility will be there at every stage of your journey, with a friendly and knowledgeable team ready to answer any questions you may have.
If you would like an informal visit to our IVF clinic near Basildon or simply want more information about fertility treatment, call us today on 01245 201 544.
IVF will combine sperm and eggs (or cells if using a donor) in a laboratory incubator for anything between three to five days. After this time, one or two of the resulting embryos will be transferred to the women’s uterus through the cervix. With any luck, they will develop as normal like a natural pregnancy. At this moment in time, the average success rate for an IVF treatment cycle in the UK is around 30 per cent.
Here is what you can expect from IVF treatment at Simply Fertility:
• Referral – This can be from your GP, a hospital doctor, or even a self-referral
• Pre-treatment – This will include a consultation, AMH blood test, vaginal ultrasound scan, and semen assessment
• Counselling – At any stage of our fertility journey, you can turn to us for emotional support
• Pre-treatment appointment – To sign consent forms and discuss your treatment programme
• Endometrial scratch – This is performed to help with the implantation of an embryo
• Treatment commences – Call us on Day 1 of your period before you commence treatment
• Ovarian stimulation and monitoring – After two weeks of drug treatment to stimulate your ovaries, we will arrange scans and possible blood tests
• Trigger injection – As soon as your follicles are ready, an injection is administered to mature the eggs
• Egg collection – This 30-minute procedure takes place at our clinic around 36-40 hours after the trigger injection
• Providing sperm – Either fresh sperm or a thawed frozen sample must be provided at our clinic on the same day as the eggs
• Egg insemination – We will prepare the sample before insemination to ensure only the best sperm are used
• Embryo development – We will keep you updated on nearly a daily basis with information about embryo development
• Embryo transfer – A tiny drop of culture medium containing one or two embryos will be deposited in the uterus using a thin catheter
• The wait – This two-week wait can be agonising, so please call us with any concerns you have
• The outcome – If you’re pregnant, we will arrange a scan to make sure everything looks ok. If you’re not pregnant, we will offer support and discuss the next step.
Contact us today for more information about fertility or to arrange an appointment at our IVF clinic near Basildon.